GREATER METRO MLS AREA MEETINGS AND TOURS POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
The Greater Metro MLS (GMMLS) adopts the following procedures and policies for conducting area meetings and organized tours. These policies shall apply to all MLS areas covered by the GMMLS. Any changes to policies must be approved by the GMMLS Committee and Board of Directors prior to implementation.
Area meetings may host a tour at designated times.Tours must adhere to the following policies:
1. Listings for tour shall be entered into the MLS Open House/Tour system or other designated method by the published time and date deadline for that area. No additional properties will be accepted after the deadline.
2. MLS tour sheet (which may be amended from time to time) shall include the following: MLS #, Broker Code, Broker Phone, Mapsco, Address, Area, List Price, and Description. Host office or designated person will pull from on-line data, as applicable, for only designated area, as set by local area and use MetroTex Announcements cover sheet.
3. MLS tour sheets will be available exclusively to current Participants and Subscribers and distribution will be monitored by the area chairperson, in conformity with area rules. ALL MLS TOUR INFORMATION IS CONFIDENTIAL AND SHALL NOT BE FURNISHED TO ANY UNAUTHORIZED PERSONS.
4. Only Participants and Subscribers or their employees or assistants or the owner(s)
may conduct an open house on MLS tour.
5. All prospective buyers and tenants must be accompanied by a Participant or Subscriber on an MLS tour, unless previous arrangements have been made with the Listing Participant holding the house open on tour.
6. Access to tour homes shall be limited to Participants and Subscribers during tour hours and while a Participant or Subscriber is present on duty. A home may be left unattended with the owner’s authorization (i) if the property is vacant and so noted or (ii) if an Electronic KeyBox has been placed on the property. A flag will be placed in the yard as agreed upon by local area.
7. If an emergency prohibits the property from being open, notice must be posted on the door that “Tour is Cancelled” as soon as practicable.
8. A listing may be held open for tour only one time (exceptions may be only when agreed upon by local area).
9. Properties which are advertised as being “open” (i.e., classified advertising, directional, and “open” signs) to the general public during tour hours will not be eligible to be included on the MLS tour.
10. Alcohol shall not be served at tour homes during tour hours. All advertised events and promotions, including brunches, luncheons, prizes and awards, shall be held after regular tour hours.
11. Participants and Subscribers going on MLS tour of homes will sign a “sign-in” sheet and furnish proper I.D., if requested.
12. The Lockbox combinations and private gate codes shall NOT appear on tour sheets or be announced at MLS area meetings.
13. Any lock box/KeyBox rule or procedure or policies of the Association or the MLS shall be in strict compliance with the applicable rules, procedures and policies of the National Association of REALTORS with respect to lock boxes/KeyBoxes.
Designated Area representatives shall be responsible for the organization of meetings and tours.
Each MLS Area reserves the authority to decide the following matters:
· Selection of meeting site, time and program
· Time of tours or caravans
· Time and method of handing out tour sheets
· Deadline for submission of tour information
· Each area chair may assign an affiliate member to assist with policing MLS
attendees and possibly with other meeting responsibilities
· Area may utilize Broker sponsors to host meetings and schedule speakers
All meetings shall follow GMMLS policies:
1. Attendees at MLS area meetings must be current Participants or Subscribers of the MLS or Affiliate Members or Additional Affiliates of the Association or of a NTREIS participating association of REALTORS.
2. Only materials/flyers from Participants, Subscribers, Affiliates and other items as approved by the Association may be distributed at area tour meetings. Such distribution shall not cause the entry or exit to meeting facility to be blocked.
3. Topics for all speakers at MLS Area meetings shall be educational in nature or promote Association/MLS activities and shall not be used for the promotion, marketing or sale of products or services of commercial vendors.
4. If any elected officials and/or political candidates are invited to speak at/attend an MLS meeting in their official capacity, the following guidelines must be adhered to:
a. When any public official or political candidate is invited to speak at or attend an MLS meeting, the MetroTex Government Affairs Department shall be notified in advance.
b. During an election cycle and prior to MetroTex’s endorsement announcement, candidates invited to speak at/attend an MLS meeting, can be introduced from the podium and may “meet and greet” and hand out their campaign literature: however, they should not be given time to speak from the podium.
c. If an MLS area wants to have a candidate forum for a meeting program, all eligible candidates must be invited to participate or be offered the same opportunity to speak on another meeting day
d. Once MetroTex has announced endorsements, only those candidates who have received endorsement may be invited to speak at/attend an MLS meeting in their capacity as a candidate
Revised October 2010